Duke initiates, immediately cancels Muslim call to prayer from chapel – The Week Magazine

Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015

Authorities in France are trying to determine what to do with the bodies of Amedy Coulibaly, Chérif Kouachi, and Said Kouachi, the men behind the Paris attacks who were killed last week.

A Paris prosecutor said that no one has requested to bury them, and already several mayors have come forward saying they will not accept the bodies for burial in their towns, as they are afraid the graves would attract extremists. “If I’m asked to bury Said Kouachi, I will refuse categorically,” Arnaud Robinet, mayor of Reims, told The New York Times. “I don’t want a grave in Reims to become a place of prayer and contemplation for some fanatics.”

The elder Kouachi brother moved to Reims several years ago, and lived there with his wife and young son. His brother lived in Gennevilliers, where a city official told The Times they would honor a request as he “has the right to be buried there. If his family gets in contact with us, we will respect French law.”


Catherine Garcia

Comments

Write a Reply or Comment:

Your email address will not be published.*