Prince Andrew ‘will carry on as normal’ in wake of sex abuse claims, says ex … – Telegraph.co.uk

Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2015

“The allegations made are false and without any foundation.”

Ms Roberts, a US citizen, waived her anonymity in an interview with the Mail
on Sunday in 2011, in which she claimed she had been sexually exploited by
American billionaire and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein – a former
friend of the Duke.

Andrew was photographed with Epstein in New York two years after the
American’s release from prison in 2009, and their friendship was a source of
controversy.

Dickie Arbiter said that the Duke would be angry about the claims “because
he knows he’s innocent” and he won’t “be pushed around, and he’s
not going to be lying low”.

He insisted that life would carry on as normal, and Andrew would carry out his
royal duties as expected.

It is understood that the Duke is still planning to attend the World Economic
Forum annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland, later this month.

“The old days have gone, they’re in the distant past, they’re history,
and on an occasion like this you have to be robust and if there are
allegations – and these are very serious allegations – you have to be up
front and you have to say exactly what it is and how it is and there is no
foundation to these stories at all.

“At the end of the day the Royal Family are pragmatic right from the
top, from The
Queen
, all the way down,” said Arbiter.

“These stories have been there before, not necessarily allegations like
this but there have been bad stories, you go back to the annus horibilis of
1992, The Queen just carried on as normal – the following year, it was as if
nothing had happened.”

Comments

Write a Reply or Comment:

Your email address will not be published.*